Known to be a healthcare credit card, the Carecredit card has been made for you, your family’s and even your pet’s health and wellness requirements. Unlike from a regular credit card, it covers the health problems which aren’t covered by your medical insurance, while providing special financing options to you as well. You can use it more than once at any place where the CareCredit card is accepted. There are shorter term options of financing available to you of 6, 12, 18 and 24 months, where no interest is charged on a purchase of $200 or more if you make pay your minimum monthly bill pay payments and pay in full by the end of the promotional period. If you don’t, the interest is charged from the original purchase date.
There is also a longer term option available for you for 24, 36, 48 or 60 months. It comes with a reduced APR and fixed monthly bill payments until paid in full. It comes a purchase of $1000 or more for a 24 months’ time period. It is available to you with a 14.90% APR, a 36 months offer with a 15.90% APR or a 48 months offer with a 16.90% APR. If you spend $2500 or more, you will be eligible for the 60 months’ time period at an APR of 17.90%
Approval and Requirements
In order to apply for your CareCredit card, there are a few requirements that you need to fulfil and only then you can get it approved. If you don’t know the requirements, have a look below.
- Doctor’s name, or how you plan to use your CareCredit card
- Date of birth
- Social security number or ITIN
- Net income
- Housing Information
- You must be of 18 years or above
In order to apply by phone, you must be 21 years of age or more. All you need to do is call on 1-800-677-0718. Before calling to apply, do read their Credit Card Account Agreement. The representative of the CareCredit will talk to you and will help you in the application process.
If you want to apply online, you first need to select the doctor you want to see.
Once you have selected the doctor, click on the Apply now link. Next, fill out the application form asking you your information like your residential address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number or ITIN, Annual income and more to submit it.
Benefits of CareCredit Card
Health care expenditures are reaching for the sky now. Even if you have availed a health insurance, your out of pocket expenses can be more than $3000. In 2009, the total out of pocket medical expenditures in the US made were $284 billion. This is where the CareCredit card comes in to the picture. Instead of taking a huge loan for a surgery, you can always use your CareCredit card to get rid of paying back EMIs. The patient can always payback the minimum payments of the bill to get avoid interest charges. It’s a loan which can help you take care of the budget of your household as well. They provide short term and long term financing options for you to choose from for your bill payments. Apart from that, they don’t have prepayment penalties and are best for those who are sure that they can make scheduled payments on time.
How to Register Your CareCredit Card
Once your CareCredit card has been approved and received by you, you need to register it in the CareCredit card website. While it’s an easy process, but if you’re having an issue with doing so, you can always have a look at these given steps below.
- Firstly, open up the CareCredit card website and go to the Provider Center to register your CareCredit Card.
- Once the registration window is open, it will ask you your merchant ID and Practice code which would have received by you in your welcome letter.
- Enter the asked details.
- If you don’t want to register in this way, there is another method of doing so. Below, it will be asking the last 4 digits of your bank account number.
- Enter the number and click on the Next link.
- Fill in the other forms and you will become a registered member of the CareCredit card website.
How to Sign in to CareCredit Card
While signing in to your CareCredit account is quite easy, however, if you’re a first timer and don’t know how to log in, have a look at these given steps.
- Open the CareCredit card website’s homepage and at the top right there will be a Log in link.
- Click on it and the sign in window will drop down.
- It will ask you your Username and Password. Add the details asked and click on the Log in link.
- You will be able to access your CareCredit card account.
CareCredit Card Customer Service
As a CareCredit cardholder, you would require customer service at some point of time. If it’s a casual problem then you can send them a post at
PO Box 960061, Orlando,
However, if it’s an emergency, it’s better to give their customer service a call at (866) 893-7864. They are available from 8 AM in the morning till 12 AM in the night.
The health care providers too can reach them by dialling (800) 859-9975.
Bill Payments of CareCredit Card
You can always pay your CareCredit card online in just a few minutes. All you need to do is first log in to your account and go to Pay my Provider. Then you can pay your with no worries at all. You can also download the CareCredit mobile App and use it to pay off your credit card bill.
You can make your bill payments through ACH bank transfer along with Western Union as well. For Western Union, you will need to use the code LOW and state OHIO.
CareCredit Medical Coverage
You will be amazed to know that a variety of clinics, hospitals, dental centers, veterinary clinics, and pharmacies accept the CareCredit card. Apart from that, they cover numerous medical needs (that your medical insurance might not). Here, have a look.
- Cosmetic – plastic surgery, dermatology, hair restoration or replacement
- Dental – general dentistry, multi-specialty, orthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, periodontics, endodontics, prosthodontics, pediatric dentistry
- Hearing – ENT (ear, nose, and throat) specialist
- Retail/Pharmacy – in-store purchases at a Rite Aid pharmacy or RediClinic
- Vision – LASIK, eye exam/eye glasses, cataract treatment
- Weight Loss management and surgery
- Veterinary – emergency and critical care, general practice, Vet specialist, or equine/large animal medical care
- Other healthcare specialty services – allergy, imaging/radiology, neurology, OB/GYN, orthopedic surgery, orthotics and prosthetics, outpatient surgery, physical therapy, podiatry, sleep medicine, urology, vascular surgery
CareCredit Card User Reviews
Still don’t know if you need to have the CareCredit Card along with your minimal health insurance? Have a look at some of these user reviews to make up your mind.
- Unlike other credit cards, such as Visa or MasterCard, CareCredit is specifically designed to offer special financing for health care services and products, and it can only be used for such transactions. Visa and MasterCard credit cards can be used to purchase anything anywhere Visa or MasterCard is accepted. As a result, the CareCredit Card is like a specialized store credit card.
- I have a Care credit Mastercard. Yes, they do have it. It used to be a plain Care Credit card that can only be used for Medical/Dental Services but Idk it’s just one day I received a new Care Credit card that has Mastercard logo and I have been using it anywhere.
- It’s a great Medical CC to help you pay your Vet, Dental & Cosmetic bills. CareCredit has been such a Blessing to me for 13 yrs to know I could always provide my Beloved Maverick the best of care @ “0” Interest! They truly CARE & were amazing to immediately raise my limit to cover any costs to help save Mavericks life. Anyone that has a 4 legged child, you truly need this card, not just for normal Vet visits, but in case an unexpected, tragedy happens, which can costs thousands of dollars you may not have & @ 0% All the time is a win win. *Also, Please get Pet Insurance! You can get up to 90% of Vet charges for shots, flea & tick meds, xrays, tests, treatments, prescriptions, surgeries, etc reimbursed! I even have a Cancer policy. It’s a lot of money & they are so honest! I had forgotten to turn in additional information in 2011, 2012 & 2014 & they called me & let me know. I got the info, faxed it & 2 weeks later I got 3 checks totalling over $1400! What a Blessing! IF you truly love your 4 legged child like family, get them Pet Ins, I’ve always used Nationwide Pet Ins., previously called VPI, and get the CareCredit Card so you will always have the money to cover any costs.
- Care Credit has helped us pay for both medical and dental bills several times. Each time, they offered much better payment options than were available through the individual providers or facilities. We don’t use it often, but it is nice to know that it is there if we are hit with an unexpected medical/dental expense.
- They have great rates and great customer service. They work well with each customer. Also you can utilize the credit card with Dentist and pet medical care.
YOU MAY ALSO READ:-